Jürgen Gutsch - 17 October, 2018
In the last post about OutputFormatters I wrote about sending data out to the clients in different formats. In this post we are going to do it the other way. This post is about data you get into your Web API from outside. What if you get data in a special format or what if you get data you need to validate in a special way. ModelBinders will help you handling this.
Jürgen Gutsch - 11 October, 2018
In this seventh post I want to write about, how to send your Data in different formats and types to the client. By default the ASP.NET Core Web API sends the data as JSON, but there are some more ways to send the data.
Jürgen Gutsch - 08 October, 2018
Wow, it is already the sixth part of this series. In this post I'm going to write about middlewares and how you can use them to customize your app a little more. I quickly go threw the basics about middlewares and than I'll write about some more specials things you can do with middlewares.
Jürgen Gutsch - 04 October, 2018
This this part of this series doesn't really show a customization. This part is more about a feature you can use to create background services to run tasks asynchronously inside your application. Actually I use this feature to regularly fetch data from a remote service in a small ASP.NET Core application.
Jürgen Gutsch - 01 October, 2018
HTTPS is on by default now and a first class feature. On Windows the certificate which is needed to enable HTTPS is loaded from the windows certificate store. If you create a project on Linux and Mac the certificate is loaded from a certificate file.
- 27 Sep 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 03: Dependency Injection
- 24 Sep 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 02: Configuration
- 20 Sep 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 01: Logging
- 18 Sep 2018 New Blog Series: Customizing ASP.NET Core
- 20 Jul 2018 Live streaming ideas
- 09 Jul 2018 Configuring HTTPS in ASP.NET Core 2.1
- 02 Jul 2018 Four times in a row
- 05 Jun 2018 Creating a signature pad using Canvas and ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
- 13 Apr 2018 A generic logger factory facade for classic ASP.NET
- 11 Apr 2018 Creating Dummy Data Using GenFu